Journey Of Life

Monday, January 09, 2006

More Pictures


LLeeds Castle is a magnificent, small and charming, medieval castle built on two small islands in a lake in 500 acres of parkland and gardens. It takes it name not from the city of Leeds but from its first owner, a man named Leed, or Ledian, who built himself a wooden castle in 857. The first stone castle was built in 1119 on an island in the lake, and was later rebuilt and extended by Edward I, who added a set of outer walls, a barbican and the 'gloriette', a D shaped tower built on the smallest of the two islands in the lake.Leeds Castle is a thoroughly romantic location. The castle itself, surrounded by the lake, is a treasure trove of art, antiques, and history.
LIKE ALL GREAT TRAVELLERS,I HAVE SEEN MORE THAN I REMEMBER AND REMEMBER MORE THAN I HAVE SEEN.BENJAMIN DISRAELI.


posted by Gurpreet Singh at 7:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: Gurpreet Singh
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

I consider myself a fun-loving Man with strong family values. I love life and enjoy laughing and making others laugh. I am a decent combination of Modern and old-fashioned. I am passionate about the things I am truly interested In.I'm an energetic person. I love to stay busy doing something fun and constructive.

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • SIKHISM
  • Back to Work Again

Powered by Blogger